Learn how to attach a Runsip® lid to your race day cup.
How to Attach a Runsip® Lid
This video shows the full sequence of steps to attach a Runsip® lid to a cup, but does not include the commentary included in the below step-by-step videos.
- The Drinking Position is the form the Runsip® lid takes when attached to a cup and when tucked into your waistband.
- The Inverted Position is the form the Runsip® lid takes before attaching it to a cup.
- Start with your fingers underneath and your thumbs at 12 and 6 o’clock.
- Flip your fingers out as you pivot and press your thumbs inward.
- Use your index and little fingers in same flipping motion to flip the shorter sides of the cuff.
- Place your fingers inside the cuff at the spout end.
- Place your thumb inside the cuff at the non-spout end.
- Remember to do this before you get to a race aid station.
- Get a cup from an aid station and gently press the lid onto the rim of the cup.
- Extend your thumb outward.
- After non-spout side snaps down, press your fingertips down on the lid surface.
- Pivot your hand and fingers forward to snap the rest of the cuff down.
- Drink at your own pace.
- Separate the lid from the cup.
- Discard the cup.
- Tuck the Runsip® lid back into your waistband in the Drinking Position.
- Run your race.
Snap (Without a Cup)
Practicing just the Snap step without a cup may be helpful to you.
Practice Without A Cup
This video shows the complete sequence of steps but without a cup.
4 Simple Steps